November 17, 2007
Gay News Watch Friday Top 5
Posted by: Chris
Here are the five most popular stories yesterday on Gay News Watch, along with an Editor's Pick from me at the end:
- Natalie Portman unsure about marraige till gays can: QUICK LOOK: Actress Natalie Portman says she's not sure she will ever get married, and she'll wait at least until gay couples can do so. In an interview for the cover of InStyle... (MORE)
- Gay rugby fans turn out for English star's calendar signing: UICK LOOK: Gay rugby fans turned out in force to meet and greet England rugby player Ben Cohen yesterday. The 29-year-old former Northampton Saints winger chose a bar in London's... (MORE)
- Guatemala soccer coach not 'faggot' despite kiss: QUICK LOOK: As a number of Latin American sports journalists were interviewing Hernán Darío Gómez in advance of Sunday's friendly match between Guatemala and Honduras at the Miami... (MORE)
- UVa. 'not gay' song prompts protest gay groups: QUICK LOOK: After a Cavalier touchdown, the marching band strikes up what, to an outsider, sounds like “Auld Lang Syne.” But, to its tune, students and alumni sing the “Good Old... (MORE)
- N.Y. gov wants Dem Senate to push marriage: QUICK LOOK: New York Gov. Elliot Spitzer said at a private fund-raiser that he wants a Democratic controlled state Senate to legalize gay marriage - -a highly divisive and controversial... (MORE)
- Trans activist showdown set for Dallas HRC dinner: QUICK LOOK: It’s beginning to sound like Dallas’ 2007 Black Tie Dinner could turn into a food fight. At the very least, there will be some big issues on the table at the annual... (MORE)
It's hard to decide who is more deserving of this public spat, the transgender activists foiled at the last minute from completely hijacking historic gay rights legislation, or "the nation's largest LGBT group," which tried until the last minute to play all sides of the controversy and ended up (further) eroding its credibility with everyone.
Personally, I've got my money Donna Rose over Joe Solmonese. In my run-ins with the two, she packs the much bigger wallop.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
The comments to this entry are closed.