February 25, 2008
Left off the list
Posted by: Chris
It's been a while since I've taken a potshot at the Human Rights Campaign, so here goes. Did anyone else notice the nation's largest gay rights organization was not on the list of 10 GLBT groups that will split the record-breaking $65 million bequest by gay Microsoft pioneer Ric Weiland?
The complete list of beneficiaries includes:
- amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research
- Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD)
- Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network (GLSEN)
- In The Life
- International Gay & Lesbian Human Rights Commission (IGLHRC)
- Lambda Legal
- National Gay & Lesbian Task Force
- Parents, Families & Friends of Lesbians & Gays (PFLAG)
- Project Inform
- Servicemembers Legal Defense Network
Perhaps Weiland decided HRC was sufficiently endowed or maybe like many he questions the organization's effectiveness, especially given its resources.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
The comments to this entry are closed.