June 17, 2008
GNW 5: Gay couples marry in Calif.
Posted by: Chris
- SAME-SEX COUPLES BEGIN MARRYING IN CALIF.: QUICK LOOK: Before the ceremonies began, Los Angeles Cardinal Roger Mahony and seven other Southern California Catholic bishops reaffirmed their opposition to same-sex marriage... (MORE)
- Gay marriage unlikely to influence presidential race: QUICK LOOK: Gas prices. Iraq. Health insurance. Gay marriage? As John McCain and Barack Obama battle in Ohio during the next five months, voters are not likely to hear much from... (MORE)
- Gay soldiers in Brazil face humiliating discrimination: QUICK LOOK: The imprisonment of a gay soldier in the Brazilian army has sparked a nationwide debate about sexuality and discrimination in the world's largest Catholic country. Army... (MORE)
- Elderly lesbian couple becomes first in S.F. to marry: QUICK LOOK: Cheers filled San Francisco's City Hall shortly after 5 p.m. as longtime lesbian activists Phyllis Lyon and Del Martin, partners for more than 50 years, began their second... (MORE)
- Gay couples in Mass. find marriage can be mixed bag: QUICK LOOK: Four years after Massachusetts became the first state to allow gay couples to marry, there have been blissful unions, painful divorces and everything in between. Some... (MORE)
These are the Top 5 popular stories on Gay News Watch over the last 24 hours. You can also view the most popular stories of the last week or month, as well as the biggest stories of the last 24 hours, week or month.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
The comments to this entry are closed.