September 14, 2008
This Week on GNW
Posted by: Chris
Here are the five biggest stories from Gay News Watch over the last week:
- Florida judge strikes down ban on adoption by gays: QUICK LOOK: A Monroe Circuit Court judge has ruled Florida's 31-year-old gay adoption ban "unconstitutional" in an order that allows an openly gay Key West foster parent to adopt... (MORE)
- Craig argues First Amendment protects foot-tapping: QUICK LOOK: In an effort to persuade a three-judge panel to throw out Sen. Larry Craig's guilty plea, his attorney suggested Wednesday that his foot tapping in an airport men's room... (MORE)
- AIDS 'healing' by prayer at N.C. college drawing fire: QUICK LOOK: A play featuring anti-gay and “ex-gay” religious themes will be showcased at Winston-Salem State University by a traveling, Atlanta, Ga.-based Christian production company... (MORE)
- British treasury minister to meet longtime partner: QUICK LOOK: Angela Eagle, the only openly gay woman MP in the House of Commons is to "marry" her long-term partner, it has been revealed. The surprise announcement was made at... (MORE)
- Episcopal bishops in Calif. oppose gay marriage ban: QUICK LOOK: California's six most senior Episcopal bishops Wednesday unanimously declared their opposition to a constitutional amendment on the statewide November ballot that would... (MORE)
And here are a few of the most popular from the last week:
- Elizabeth Taylor surprises West Hollywood gay bar: QUICK LOOK: Elizabeth Taylor made a low-key return to public life Thursday night with a trip to her favorite watering hole. In the film legend's first known appearance since she... (MORE)
- Gay D.J. in N.C. pleads guilty to unlawful HIV exposure: QUICK LOOK: A gay, 23-year-old man received a suspended 45-day jail sentence, 30 months of probation and a $300 fine, plus court costs, after pleading guilty Aug. 22 to charges stemming... (MORE)
- The search is now on for Mr. Gay Canada in Whistler: QUICK LOOK: There will be a sash, swimsuits and a title, but this is no ordinary beauty pageant.From Sept. 18 to 21, the search for Mr. Gay Canada is on. Organizers say they're... (MORE)
These were the five stories on Gay News Watch with the biggest buzz over the last seven days, along with some of the most popular stories from the last week. You can also view the stories with the biggest buzz factor from the last month or year, and the most popular from the last month or year.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
The comments to this entry are closed.