December 15, 2008
The Week on GNW (Dec. 7-13)
Posted by: Chris
Here are the five biggest stories from Gay News Watch over the last week:
- U.S. silent on U.N. resolution to decriminalize gays: QUICK LOOK: "The US government is one of the only western democratic nations that has declined to support a United Nations Declaration calling for the global decriminalisation of... (MORE)
- Larry Craig loses appeal bid to withdraw guilty plea: QUICK LOOK: Idaho Sen. Larry Craig has lost his latest attempt to withdraw his guilty plea in a Minneapolis airport men’s room sex sting. A three-judge panel of the Minnesota Court...
- Day Wihout a Gay arrives for gay marriage backers: QUICK LOOK: Same-sex marriage advocates plan to "Call in gay" on Wednesday in a protest designed to show Americans how big a part of daily life -- and the economy -- gays and their... (MORE)
- NYPD probes anti-gay beating death of Ecuadorean: QUICK LOOK: Authorities opened a homicide investigation Tuesday into a vicious attack on an Ecuadorean immigrant whose assailants shouted anti-gay and anti-Hispanic slurs, then beat him with a baseball bat and... (MORE)
- São Paulo police hunt suspect in killing of 13 gay men: QUICK LOOK: The police are on the hunt for a serial killer responsible for the death of 13 gay men in 18 months in a park in Carapicuíba in greater São Paulo, Brazil. Twelve out... (MORE)
And here are a few of the most popular from the last week:
- Pat Boone likes Prop 8 foes to Mumbai terrorists: QUICK LOOK: A commentary posted on the conservative website World Net Daily by singer and sometimes anti-gay activist Pat Boone compares the recent terrorist attacks in Mumbai that... (MORE)
- Porn producer pleads guilty in murder of his Pa. rival: QUICK LOOK: A man has pleaded guilty in the stabbing death of a northeastern Pennsylvania porn producer. Thirty-four-year-old Joseph Kerekes pleaded guilty Monday to second-degree... (MORE)
- No hate crime charges filed in attack on lesbian moms: QUICK LOOK: A man charged with assaulting two lesbians outside an Oshawa school will not be charged with a hate crime, despite pressure from community agencies. On Nov. 3, two women... (MORE)
- N.Y. police sodomized subway accuser who blew kisses: QUICK LOOK: A Brooklyn tattoo artist clapped sarcastically and blew kisses Tuesday after being taunted by supporters of the NYPD officer accused of sodomizing him with a baton. Michael... (MORE)
- Calif. gay man beaten with 'Yes on 8' sign testifies: QUICK LOOK: A gay man allegedly beaten with a "Yes on Prop. 8" yard sign in Torrance, Calif., testified Monday that for a moment he doubted he would survive the attack. The 22-year-old... (MORE)
These were the five stories on Gay News Watch with the biggest buzz over the last seven days, along with some of the most popular stories from the last week. You can also view the stories with the biggest buzz factor from the last month or year, and the most popular from the last month or year.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
The comments to this entry are closed.