February 07, 2010
The week on GNW (Jan. 31-Feb. 6)
Posted by: Chris
- Pentagon backs Don't Ask Don't Tell repeal: QUICK LOOK: The nation’s top two Defense officials called on Tuesday for an end to the 16-year-old “don’t ask, don’t tell” law, a major step toward allowing openly gay men and women... (MORE)
- Obama, Clinton slam draconian Uganda anti-gay bill: QUICK LOOK: Legislation under consideration in Uganda that could make homosexuality a criminal offense punishable with long jail terms and even execution is "odious," President Barack... (MORE)
- Brazilian general says military is no place for gays: QUICK LOOK: One week after President Obama raised the prospect of repealing the Don't Ask Don't Tell law preventing gays from serving openly in the U.S. ministry, a top Brazilian... (MORE)
- Where are Hollywood's leading out gay male actors: QUICK LOOK: Colin Firth summed up a strange Hollywood agony concisely this week, as he was nominated for an Oscar for his role as a gay college professor in A Single Man. “If you’re... (MORE)
- Labor caves to pope and limits gay Equality Bill scope: QUICK LOOK: Ministers had tried to include a new definition of a priest in the flagship anti-discrimination law, but church leaders complained that it was far too narrow. They said... (MORE)
- Powell backs Obama on Don't Ask Don't Tell repeal: QUICK LOOK: Gen. Colin L. Powell, who as the nation’s top military officer in the 1990s opposed allowing gay men and lesbians to serve openly in the military, switched gears today... (MORE)
- Grindr app offers instant hookups in the age of GPS: QUICK LOOK: The iPhone app “Grindr” is the biggest boon for gay sex since Craigslist. Clark Harding experiments hooking-up in all kinds of weird places, from traffic jams to mid-flight... (MORE)
- Online group protests gay-friendly Valentine's Day ads: QUICK LOOK: *VIDEO available at end of jump*: An online mothers support group wants upscale retailer Armani Exchange to pull its new ad campaign, which the group claims promote homosexuality... (MORE)
- U.S. Orthodox rabbi claims gays cause earthquakes: QUICK LOOK: *WARNING: anti-gay news source*: Rabbi Yehuda Levin, spokesman for the Rabbinical Alliance of America issued the following statement: “When Americans are suffering economically... (MORE)
- Saints' Fujita offers a rare NFL voice for gay rights: QUICK LOOK: New Orleans Saints linebacker Scott Fujita addresses hot-button issues the way he might meet an opposing running back: directly. So Fujita was not shy Tuesday about entering... (MORE)
These were the five stories on Gay News Watch with the biggest buzz over the last seven days, along with some of the most popular stories from the last week. You can also view the stories with the biggest buzz factor from the last month or year, and the most popular from the last month or year.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
The comments to this entry are closed.